• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!

yipkiatmei's Content

There have been 1 items by yipkiatmei (Search limited from 30-September 19)

Sort by                Order  

#166189 Etoposide Drug assay

Posted by yipkiatmei on 20 March 2014 - 06:53 PM in Tissue and Cell Culture

Hi,

I am new in cell culture. Recently I performed the etoposide with different concentration on 293T cells. First I seeded 100uL of media containing 60,000 cells per well in 96 well plate and incubated overnight at 37C, 5%CO2. I changed the media in the next morning and continue incubate for another 5 hours before treated with etoposide  in 0 uM - 200 uM in the media. After 24 hours incubation  at 37C, 5%CO2, I carried out the Alamar Blue assay and read using flourescent spectroscopy at Ex/Em: 545 nm and 590 nm according to the manufacturer's instructions. But the readings were all zeroes for all samples ranged from 0 - 200 uM etoposide. I choose the 0 uM etoposide to auto-zero in the spectroscopy setting.

I have no idea where have gone wrong, but I suspect the cells might be all dead before I carried out the alamar blue assay. Yet, when observed under microscope the cells still there. Any opinion or advice? Thanks so much.

Yip

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.