• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!

v_711's Content

There have been 3 items by v_711 (Search limited from 22-October 18)

Sort by                Order  

#120871 Cell cycle arrested... what happens then ?

Posted by v_711 on 04 October 2011 - 11:22 PM in Cell Biology

Hi !

I am having a few questions about observations I made recently.
I work with HK-2 cell line (epithelial cells from proximal tubule of the kidney) which are (for the sake of my experiments) submitted to oxidative stress.
We know oxidative stress leads to DNA damages ; and these damages may in turn lead to cell cycle arrest.
What I observed (and what is already well described in many papers relative to my subject) was a cell cycle arrest at G2/M checkpoint.

This arrest supposedly occurs to let the cell try to repair its DNA.

Thus, my question is : what happens in a cell whose cell cycle is arrested at G2/M checkpoint ?

I believe background functions are still operating (Krebs cycle, ion equilibrium pumping, ...).

But what about specific functions such as specific proteins expression.
For instance, cadehrin occuring in tight junctions: are these supposed to be still present ? (as the cell was almost about to divide)
And what about cytokine excretion? Should it excrete twice the amount as G0 or G1 cell ?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Valerian

#120868 MTT assay overactivity

Posted by v_711 on 04 October 2011 - 10:57 PM in MTT, Proliferation and Cytotoxicity Assay

Don't you add anything in your medium that might react with the MTT salt.

MTT is normally reduced by succinate dehydrogenase. That is to say that MTT is the oxidized form of formazan.
As any oxidizer, MTT can react with reducers (e.g antioxidant...)
Posted Image

#110224 Mass antibody producers

Posted by v_711 on 18 May 2011 - 10:58 PM in Animal and Zoology

Hello !

I am looking for large amounts of antibody (about 50 mg).
My experiences consist in depleting mice for CD4/CD8.

Could you indicate me a list of providers which might have this type of product ?

Thank you in advance.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.