• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!

Isy's Content

There have been 4 items by Isy (Search limited from 24-January 19)

Sort by                Order  

#105557 DH5 Alpha Lambda pir and Conjugation

Posted by Isy on 02 April 2011 - 07:24 AM in Molecular Biology

Hi!

Can the above mentioned strain be used for conjugation? Does it contain the tra gene to allow for transfer of plasmid?

I am interested in using pNJ17, but according to this website: http://plasmid.med.h...do?vectorid=267, the strain should not be used for conjugation. I find it strange since the plasmid already contain the RP4 mob gene for plasmid transfer, so using the strain should not cause any problem.

Any comment is appreciated. :)

#67781 Final % DMSO Concentration

Posted by Isy on 22 April 2010 - 05:31 AM in General Lab Techniques

Thanks for showing a shorter method to calculate it. :D

I'm using DMSO to dissolve the dye for Calcium flux assays. The protocol in the Current Protocols in Cytometry mentioned to keep it under 0.5%.

If I would like to adjust the final DMSO concentration to 0.1%, the variable that I need to change is the DMSO volume to dissolve the dye? The final dye concentration has to be 2uM and I get that from the 1mM stock (100% DMSO).

#66415 Final % DMSO Concentration

Posted by Isy on 12 April 2010 - 06:27 AM in General Lab Techniques

I see, I see. Thank you for the explanation.

So, if I have a stock solution of 1mM Dye X in 100% DMSO and I use 20 uL of it in 10 mL of medium (final Dye X concentration = 2 uM) , then the final DMSO concentration in the working solution is 0.2%. Is that correct?

#66280 Final % DMSO Concentration

Posted by Isy on 11 April 2010 - 05:01 AM in General Lab Techniques

Hi!

I am quite unsure of what does it mean by e.g. 0.5% final DMSO concentration. I had tried googling around, but am unsure if I can correct in my interpretation of the calculations. If I had dissolved 50 ug powder into 50 uL DMSO to make a stock solution, that would give it 1% DMSO concentration. Then, if I was to use 10 ug of this stock, the final DMSO concentration would be 0.2%. Is this correct?

Thank you for any help provided.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.