• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!

jasmina's Content

There have been 7 items by jasmina (Search limited from 18-September 18)

Sort by                Order  

#169758 measure of cell size

Posted by jasmina on 31 July 2014 - 09:26 AM in Neuroscience

Hi all,

I want to measure the size of cells from slice, which are labeled with a specific antibody by immunofluorescence. I took pictures of the slices, and I open them in photoshop, to count the number of these cells.

As for cell size, I do not know how to do. some people uses Image J. NIH. but I don't know how to do it. I use Image J only to quantify western blot bands.

please if you have any suggestions, let me know

thank you very much in advance. 

#168676 double immunofluorescence

Posted by jasmina on 17 June 2014 - 12:14 PM in Neuroscience

thank you very much for your reply !

Indeed, both antibodies are rabbit.

the experiment is to see the phosphorylation of kinase in subtype of neurons .double IF, with anti phospho kinase, and anti-somatostatin.

thank you

#168564 double immunofluorescence

Posted by jasmina on 13 June 2014 - 06:52 AM in Neuroscience

we want to see the phosphorylation of kinase in in interneurons. by using kinase antibody and the marker of interneurons.

the signal of interneurons marker is a bit low. while when we tried  kinase antibody alone, which is coupled to fluorophore, the signal was good.. 

when we do double immunofluroscence with both antibodies, and looking at confocal imaging, we start first looking at cells labeled with interneuron marker, the signal is  low. when we pass to kinase marker, we see signal only in the cells that were also labeled with interneuron marker. 

so , we dont believe much in the result.  we wonder whether the first immuno inhibit the penetration of the second antibody , thereby, non specific signal. 

please if you have suggestions, let me know and thanks in advance,

#167937 Smirnoff distribution

Posted by jasmina on 20 May 2014 - 08:48 AM in Bioinformatics and Biostatistics

Thank you very much for your interesting reply ! it's simple as you said, but I am not very familiar with !

#167918 Smirnoff distribution

Posted by jasmina on 19 May 2014 - 02:40 PM in Bioinformatics and Biostatistics

I wrote it badly, I meand the kolmogorov-smirnov test

#167901 Smirnoff distribution

Posted by jasmina on 19 May 2014 - 03:53 AM in Bioinformatics and Biostatistics

Hi,

I am planning to use OriginPro8, in ordrer to do Smirnoff distribution, with and without Bins. 

I`ve never used neither such test neither the software.

I wonder if somebody is familiar with such test, if  can give some elements to start with.

thanks in advance

#162469 clampfit downloading

Posted by jasmina on 14 November 2013 - 05:46 PM in Neuroscience

Hi electrophysiologists if you are in this forum,

I have troubles to analyze my cells within clampfit 10.2, in the computer of the lab. I am not very familiar with. but I learned how to use it for my cells analysis. the problem is that when I reach the step to copy results to excel, clampfit blocks and a window appear saying that the program finds problem and is going to stop...so I closed it and open again, to restart from the beginning the analysis I did.. I feel very annoyed .I wonder if I can download clampfit for free in my laptop and do the analysis on it.

please if any ideas of links for free downloading,let me know

thank you .

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.