• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!

cupidstunt's Content

There have been 5 items by cupidstunt (Search limited from 30-September 19)

Sort by                Order  

#123363 Can proteins with sizes smaller than 60 kda be seen as bands in a 6% gel western

Posted by cupidstunt on 10 November 2011 - 03:34 AM in General Lab Techniques

try 8% gel. My proteins are 140 and 160 kDa and it works fine. I usually get beta actin at 8%.

#123362 Expression of human protein in mice in-vivo

Posted by cupidstunt on 10 November 2011 - 03:29 AM in Pharmacology and Pharmaceutics

career protein?

#123361 oscillating effect after drug administration

Posted by cupidstunt on 10 November 2011 - 03:24 AM in Pharmacology and Pharmaceutics

is this on a single cell? if not, could it be receptor internalization and recycling affecting the kinetics? or a second messenger regulating phosphorylation of receptor??

#123325 Calcium assay: Buffer gives increase in signal, similar to agonist

Posted by cupidstunt on 09 November 2011 - 04:16 AM in Pharmacology and Pharmaceutics

Hi sorry Mark was off for a long time! I found that my compounds are sticking to the tube! and the machine was pretty cranky as well! kept on missing wells to dispense in! Thanks for your reply though

#123323 Effect of GTP on ligand binding.. confused

Posted by cupidstunt on 09 November 2011 - 04:10 AM in Pharmacology and Pharmaceutics

Hi all,

Can you guys help me out with this?
Studies have shown that GTP analouges decrease the high affinity binding sites in binding assays. However, would'nt GTP coupling enhance high affinity state?

In my binding experiments I have a Kd of 14nM for my receptor "A", however,when I co-transfect a component "b" (which is a partner of receptor "A"), with my receptor " A", the Kd is 0.5nM and there is no change in potency (Ec50)!

Post doc in my lab says that my component B is possibly preventing GTP disassociation from the receptor "A"..

Is this a valid argument? does'nt the GTP binding itself dissociate the G-protein from the receptor?

Confused!! please help!!!!
Thanks

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.