• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account
  •  
  • Start New Topic

(View All Videos) Toggle BioVideo

Toggle shoutbox ShoutBox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  Tabaluga : (23 August - 03:02 AM) Thanks mdfenko, hobglobin and casandra !!! :)
@  casandra : (22 August - 02:20 PM) Hey Tabs...hope you had the greatest birthday ever!!!
@  hobglobin : (22 August - 09:02 AM) happy birthday tabs,enjoy the day
@  mdfenko : (22 August - 03:56 AM) happy birthday fred_33, wherever you are.
@  mdfenko : (22 August - 03:55 AM) happy birthday tabaluga
@  hobglobin : (18 August - 08:15 AM) We try to have sets for purposes (PCR, gels, DNA extraction, general) and it works quite well. Some also have their own pipets if the project money allows them to buy... :D
@  Tabaluga : (17 August - 06:07 AM) We had own pipettes (at least in theory) and a special set was just available for cell culture. The cell cultre ones were somewhat an unknown factor because nobody knew when they were last calibrated....
@  pito : (17 August - 04:06 AM) ah we have our own pipettes (for bench work) and some shared pipettes for some of the dirtier/specific work. These shared pipettes are also the worsed, but often not such a big problem since accuracy is less an issue for them
@  Trof : (17 August - 03:07 AM) There are no "my pipettes" in our lab. There are pipettes for different uses. I found it a better system then to use one pipette for any dirty/clean work I need. But that system requires everyone to take care.
Cause if they won't, they would make ME very angry! (and they don't want to do that ;)
@  pito : (16 August - 11:01 AM) I would not allow people to really use my pipettes to be honest. Just because of the reasons you just explained...
@  Tabaluga : (16 August - 10:57 AM) *calibration
@  Tabaluga : (16 August - 10:56 AM) I bet they'd think me crazy and well, they'd be kind of right :D
But in general I do hate when people take/exchange pipets because with your own you can at least be sure that you didn't mistreat them since the last calibarion...
@  hobglobin : (16 August - 08:19 AM) I wonder what your labmates would think and do if you urge them to give back "Paul" or "Emily" :lol:
@  Tabaluga : (16 August - 06:52 AM) Well you know it's difficult tostablidh a personal relationship with these pipets because they are often snatched by other lab members and exchanged :D
@  hobglobin : (15 August - 01:07 PM) Well as long as you don't talk and cuddle with them... ;)
@  Tabaluga : (15 August - 09:17 AM) I like pipets too. Didn't give them names, but that's one good idea for the future ;-)
@  pito : (15 August - 07:35 AM) Pipettes: the most underestimated worktool I think. Hardly anyone cleans it or calibrates it! To be honest: to some extent it makes me doubt about so many researchresults. I often wonder about how those PhDstudents/post docs.. really think/work most of them do not even know you need to calibrate/clean them once in a while
@  Trof : (15 August - 07:30 AM) They have names! I like the GE24053 most ;)
@  hobglobin : (15 August - 05:58 AM) You give them names already? ;)
@  Trof : (14 August - 02:50 PM) Here I am, almost hour after midnight, cleaning and disassembling pipettes in the empty silent lab. Cops clean their guns, I clean pipettes. Sometimes I think I like pipettes more than people. Definitelly more than those people who misuse them and leave them dirty ;)

Protocols and Techniques Forums

General Lab Techniques

Biochemistry

Cell Biology

Tissue and Cell Culture

Stem Cell

Flow Cytometry

Molecular Biology

Molecular Cloning

siRNA, microRNA and RNAi

Protein and Proteomics

SDS-PAGE and Western Blotting

Immunology

Microbiology

Genetics and Genomics

Macroarray and Microarray

Neuroscience

Animal and Zoology

Hematology

Chemistry

The Next Phase of Science - Paper Writing and Publishing

Scientific English

• 38 topics 215 replies

Scientific Presentation

Grantsmanship

Patent Your Discovery

Paper Request

• 2,458 topics 3,113 replies

Sit Back and Relax

Chit Chat

Venting and Counseling

Lab Jokes

Philosophy and Science

Be a Geek

Conference and Workshop

Interest Groups

• 64 topics 872 replies

Everything about BioForum

News and Views

BioForum Guide

Suggestion

Board Discussion

• 0 topics 0 replies

New Interest Groups

http://www.jbmethods.org/jbm/gateway/plugin/WebFeedGatewayPlugin/rss2

Follow BioForum

Follow BioForum on these social networks.

Quote of the Day (View All Quotes)

• "People don't expect too much from literature. They just want to know they're not alone with being confused."

Jonathan Ames
    Added: 13 December 2012 - 10:29 AM

BioForum Facebook Feed

• 167,049 Total Posts
  • 31,029 Total Members
  • Shubhita Newest Member
  • 633 Most Online

72 users are online (in the past 30 minutes)

1 members, 71 guests, 0 anonymous users   (See full list)

hobglobin

1 members are celebrating their birthday today

SUVAlycia (30)

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.