| || |
Clone Library Dereplicator
Dereplicate your clone libraries in a matter of moments
When building clone libraries it is often the case that many of the sequenced clones are 100% identical. Therefore, before further DNA sequence analysis, it is necessary to find duplicate DNA sequences and remove them. Our DNA sequence dereplication tool sorts all unique DNA sequences (FASTA) belonging to your clone libraries, by moving/coping them into the specified folder.
Clone Library Dereplicator simplifies the dereplication of all type sequence libraries (16S rRNA, 18S rRNA, 23S rRNA, 28S rRNA, functional and structural proteins) and prepares the raw sequences for subsequent analyses or contig assembly.
The tool is located under the 'Tools->Clone library dereplicatior' menu in DNA Baser Sequence Assembler.
How to use it
- Choose the input folder - the folder that contains the FASTA sequences that need to be de-replicated.
- Choose output folder - the folder where the unique files will be copied/moved. For your commodity, DNA Sequence Dereplicator will create an output folder for you so you can skip this step.
- Choose file operation type. This will instruct the program whether to copy or move the unique files from the input folder to the output folder.
- Choose comparison type:
- 'Text match' will make a direct comparison between the sequences. This is very fast but it can't tell you how many differences have been found between sequences.
- 'Global alignment' will compare the sequences by using a global alignment algorithm. Slow.
- Press the 'Dereplicate' button.
Clone Library Dereplicator is freeware. Starting with August 2008, Clone Library Dereplicator was integrated into the DNA Baser Sequence Assembler package. It is still freeware.
|Name || ||Description |
| Batch sequence processing || ||Handy tool that automates the sequence processing job. It can apply the following operations to the specified samples: trim untrusted ends, remove vectors, integrate metadata, convert chromatograms (SCF/ABI) to FASTA. |
| GBK to FASTA converter || ||GenBank to FASTA is a freeware program will convert GenBank (gbk) file format to FASTA format. |
| ABI to FASTA converter || ||ABI to FASTA Converter is a free tool will convert all (selected) ABI files to FASTA files. All you need to do is to locate your ABI chromatogram files and press the CONVERT button. |
| FASTA to multi-FASTA converter || || |
FASTA to multi-FASTA is a freeware converter will merge the content of all FASTA files in the specified folder, in a single multi-FASTA file.
| DNA Baser Sequence Assembler || ||DNA Baser is a tool for DNA sequence assembly, DNA sequence analysis, contig editing, and mutation detection. It also offers a powerful chromatogram viewer/editor. |
| Chromatogram Explorer || ||Chromatogram Explorer is a tool will display the content of all chromatogram files (SCF, ABI, AB1, AB) in the current folder. Working with chromatogram files will be a pleasure form now on! |
| Grid cell counter || ||Gird cell counter will help you to count faster the cells shown on computer's screen by displaying a grid over your image. Freeware. |
| DNA Counter || ||DNA Counter will show the proportions between nucleotides in a DNA sequence (GC to AT ratio). |