- For Parenteral Anesthesia (injection):
- KetaVed(TM) Ketamine HCl injection ( equivalent to 100mg/ml Ketamine)
- Xylazine, 100mg/ml (AnaSed(R) Injectable, LLOYD Laboratories)
- 0.9% Sodium Chloride Inj.
- 1ml Insulin injection syringe
- For inhalation anesthetic:
- Isoflurane (Vedco IsoSol ).
- anesthesia cage(box)
- 50ml plastic tube with holes punched
- For Parenteral Anesthesia
- Prepare xylazine/ketamine stock by adding 1.5ml xylazine into 10ml ketamine HCl injection and mix.
- Before use, mix one part of stock solution with 3 parts of sodium chloride injectable.
- use 0.1 ml mix for mice with sub?? injection.
- For Inhalational Anesthesia
(A simple apparatus is being made and may be available soon. )
- Put some gauze into the punched tube (not too tight)
- Apply isoflurane into the gauze so it can be evaporate through the holes without overflow. Keep the lid covered.
- Put the mouse in the cage and carefully observe.
- As soon as the mouse sleep, take it out immediately. inhalation too long may cause death.
- If the mouse wake too early, it can be put back again.