T-A cloning Vectors
Prediction of Genetic Interactions (version 140) Advanced Search | Gene Pair Info
A method for direct cloning a PCR product, by the T-vector technique.
This is cheap and easy way to clone PCR products with A 3’ overhangs.
Making the T-vector:
1. Digest 5 ug pBluescript II with EcoRV (blunt cutter).
2. Heat kill the enzyme or gel purify using Qiagen column elute in 50ul EB.
3. Add 10 ul of 10X PCR buffer, 2 ul of 100 mM dTTP, 37.0ul of distilled water and 1.0 ul of Taq DNA polymerase. Incubate at 72 C for 2 hours.
4. Purify the T-vector by phenol/chloroform extraction and ethanol precipitation or purify over a Qiagen column. Resuspend/elute the prepared T-vector in 100 ul of water or TE. We use about 2- 5ul in a ligation reaction.
Cloning the PCR product:
5. Purify the PCR product over a Qiagen column (Gel purify if necessary). Elute in 50 ul EB. Use 5-10 ul of this PCR product in a ligation reaction.
PCR insert 10ul
5X Ligase buffer 4ul
T4 Ligase 1ul
Ligate 15min RT(rapid ligation kit) to overnight (15C).
Transform into E. coli (XL1Blue).
Plate on Amp (75ug/ml) X-gal (spread 60ul of 2% solution on plate) Tet (15ug/ml) IPTG ( 0.1-1mM)
Pick white colonies to prep.
Ref: Marchuk, D., et al. (1991) Nucleic Acids Res. 19, 1154