Protocol Online: Cached
DNA Purification - Manual Detritylation of Oligonucleotides
This is a cached page for the URL (http://rothlab.ucdavis.edu/protocols/P21.html).
To see the most recent version of this page, please click here.
|Protocol Online is not affiliated with the authors of this page nor responsible for its content. |
Jeff Lawrence (P21)
1. If the trityl group is not removed from a newly-synthesized oligonucleotide, it may interfere with polymerization reactions.
2. Evaporate the oligonucleotide to dryness.
3. Add 300 ml 80% Acetic acid. Incubate at 22 C for 20 min.
4. Add 300 ml 100% Ethanol. Evaporate to dryness.
5. If a white precipitate forms from volatile salts: resuspend in 300 ml ddH2O, add 300 ml 100% Ethanol. Evaporate to dryness.
6. Resuspend oligonucleotide in 500 ml ddH2O.