Protocol Online: Cached
DNA Purification - Concentration by Butanol Extraction
This is a cached page for the URL (http://rothlab.ucdavis.edu/protocols/P30.html).
To see the most recent version of this page, please click here.
|Protocol Online is not affiliated with the authors of this page nor responsible for its content. |
Jeff Lawrence (P30 )
1. Prior to precipitation, dilute DNA solution may be concentrated to allow precipitation in smaller volumes.
2. Add an equal volume of 2-Butanol to DNA solution and mix by vortexing.
3. Centrifuge sample for 1 min.
4. Remove the UPPER, organic layer and discard.
5. Repeat the procedure as needed. However, salts, as well as DNA, are concentrated. If the solution is concentrated too much, the salts may precipitate.
6. Precipitate the DNA with an equal volume of Isopropanol.