Protease Antigen Retrieval (Trypsin) Protocol
- Place slides or specimens into rack or other suitable container. Slides from paraffin-embedded samples should be dewaxed and rehydrated.
- Incubate the specimens for 10 minutes at room temp in PBS with occasional agitation to thoroughly hydrate the specimen.
- Pour off the PBS and incubate the specimen in a solution of 0.1% trypsin (tissue culture grade), 0.1% calcium chloride, 20 mM Tris (pH 7.6-8.0) solution for 2-20 minutes at room temperature depending upon the thickness and type of tissue. Optimization will be necessary. Typical time is 5 minutes.
- Stop the digestion by gently rinsing the specimen under the cold tap for 5 minutes, followed by incubation in TBS or PBS.
- Samples are now ready for the addition of antibody.
* note the listed procedure is only suggested; no warranty or guarantee of performance of the above procedure is made or implied.