| || |
Enzyme Kinetics assay of the WT
To assay 17 b-HSD activity in lysates, cells were harvested 48h after transfection using PBS Enzyme Free Cell Dissociation Solution ( specialty Media Inc., Lavellette, NJ), frozen on dry ice and stored at -80 C.
Cell pellets were thawed on ice, resuspended in :
* 10mM Tris-HCl(pH 7.4)/150mM KCL/1 mM EDTA/2mM Dithiothreitol (DTT) at protein concentration of 3-6 mg/ml, and snap-frozen on dry ice . After thawing at 37° C, the extracts were chilled on ice and sonicated for 30sec.
A typical assay for establish the apparent Vmax and Km of the Substrate ANDROST-4-ENE-3,17-DIONE of the normal & mutant HSD17B3 enzyme used:
* 20-30 microgram of total protein in 0.2 mL of 100mM Tris - citrate(pH6)/2mM DTT.
* Steroid substrate was added in different concent.(0.1-8 microM), and NADPH was added to a final cocent. of 2mM.
* Reactions were initiated by the addition of enzyme and were carried out for 25’- 30’ min at 37 ° C .
A typical assay to establish the apparent pH of the normal & mutant HSD17B3 enzyme used:
* Serial variation of pH (range4.5pH -8.5pH), for the reaction Buffer : 100mM Tris -citrate/2mM DTT.
* Steroid substrate was added at final concent. of 5 mM ( where 1 mM were 14C- ANDROST-4-ENE-3,17-DIONE and 4mM were cold substrate).
Transfection of DNA into 293T cells by using LIPOFECTAMINE PLUS Reagent package (LIFE TECHNOLOGIES Cat.No.10964-013):
* The day before transfection, split and plating the cells, so the that they are 50%- 60% confluent the day of transfection. Avoid antibiotics at the time of transfection and during.
* Culture vessel:100mm
* plasmid DNA ; 4 microg
* plasmid b-gal ; 1 microg
* PLUS reagent; 20 microliter
* LIPOFECTAMINE PLUS Reagent; 30 microliter
* Incubate at 37°C at 5% CO2 for 3h (see LIFE TECHNOLOGIES protocol.)
* After 3h inc., increase volume of medium to normal volume (see LIFE TECHNOLOGIES protocol.)
* The cell extract were assayed for reporter gene activity 48h after the start of transfection.
The University of Southern California does not screen or control the content on this website and thus does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of such content. All content on this website is provided by and is the sole responsibility of the person from which such content originated, and such content does not necessarily reflect the opinions of the University administration or the Board of Trustees