Welcome to the BioComputing Hypertext Coursebook
US mirror - Italy mirror - Original Files in Germany.
The following set of tutorial texts has been developed for the award-winning VSNS-BCD BioComputing Courses, aimed at a mixed audience of biologists, computer scientists, and students + researchers of related areas, on a late undergraduate / graduate level.
(**) indicates the availability of Exercises incl. a solution sheet, the URL for which is available by subscribing at https://wwwhomes.uni-bielefeld.de/mailman/cgi/unibi/listinfo/vsns-bcd-solutions.
- Ch. 0. Introduction, by David L. Steffen, October 1996.
- Ch. 1. Pairwise Sequence Alignments, by Robert Giegerich and David Wheeler, May 1996. (**)
Postscript version, Part 1, Postscript version, Part 2.
- Ch. 2. Networking, revised edition, by David L. Steffen, June 1999. (**)
Ch. 2. Networking, 1996 edition, by David L. Steffen, October 1996. (**)
Appendix to Ch. 1+2: FastA/Blast Exercises, by Francisco M. De La Vega, May 1996.
- Ch. 3 Multiple Alignment, by Georg Fuellen, July 1996. (**)
Self-assessment questions have finally become available in April 2001.
Postscript Version (mostly color). Postscript Version (mostly black&white). A Resource Page is available, too.
- Ch. 4. The Mathematical Basis of Molecular Phylogenetics, by Andreas Dress, July 1995.
- Ch. 5. Genetic Algorithms and Protein Folding, by Steffen Schulze-Kremer, June 1996. (**)
Back to VSNS BioComputing Division Home Page.
VSNS-BCD Copyright 1995, 1996.
(The HTML-Validations were performed by Scott Delinger.)