| || |
|Hematoxylin ||6.4g |
|Ammonium alum ||60g |
|Ethanol ||200ml |
|Glycerol ||160ml |
|Distilled water ||640ml |
Mix for a day then allow the solution to ripen in the dark for at least a month before using.
|Concentrated HCl ||4ml |
|95% Ethanol ||396ml |
|Sodium bicarbonate ||1g |
|Distilled water ||1 l |
- Deparaffin and rehydrate slides.
- Slightly overstain the sections with hematoxylin 3-5 minutes.
- Remove excess stain in tap water for 2 minutes.
- Differentiate and restain a few seconds in acidic alcohol until sections look red.
- Rinse in tap water.
- Blue in bicarbonate until nuclei stand out sharply blue for 2 minutes.
- Rinse in running tap water.
- Dehydrate and clear, coverslip with Cytoseal.