Protocol Online logo
Top : New Forum Archives (2009-): : Protein and Proteomics

Co-IP, what should I get? - (May/02/2011 )

Dear all,

I want to do CO-IP to see if two proteins are interacting with each other. One is 90kD and the other is around 50kD. What should I get if these two are interacting on the western blot?

thanks sorry I know this is a stupid question


Assuming there is no permanent linking involved (not a covalent interaction) you should get the 90 kDa protein at 90 kDa and the 50 kDa protein at 50 kDa.